diumenge, de novembre 20, 2005

Ein Schönes Wochenende (English / Cornish / French / Welsh / German)

This has been a weekend to remember, on many levels, a weekend that was filled with rose moments, a weekend like I wish all weekends could be, days like I wish all days could be. Friday was the Follies, and I was the MC, a job which I publickly begrudgingly take but which secretly enjoy because I get to dress up in a tux and a full length coat and be glamourous. Looking at myself in the mirror with the tux, I can see that I have the body build to look good in tuxedos and suits, and I should wear them more often. I hate to brag, but I look very elegant in old-timey fashions, a bit movie-star-like. I could see myself tripping the light fantastic with some wafey flapper back in the 20's, a martini in one hand and my other arm around her waist swooshing and dipping and laughing across the dance floor in a black and white world. The Follies were a great success, and I'm sure we raised a nice chunk of cash for the Foundation and the United Way. It was great seeing so many colleagues and students grinning from ear to ear as they acted and enjoyed the spirit of the Follies. After the Follies, I joined several of my fellow revellers at a local eatery and drinkery from some beers before heading home

Saturday morning I had Welsh class, which went fairly well, although three members were unable to come, and that was dissappointing. After that I ran some errands and joined Anna for lunch and estate sales. We went to a place called the "Hidden Cafe" for Middle Eastern Food. I had Babaganouche and a chicken and pasta salad, both loaded with tonnes of garlic, all washed down by a lovely Warsteiner. Next we journeyed to the Spectrum, our local art theater, to watch "Capote," an excellent film about his researching and writing his famous novel In Cold Blood. After the film we went to Nicoles on Route 20 for martinis. After that we travelled to the Real Seafood Company where I enjoyed Scallops St. Jacques, some Hendricks and a nice Riesling.

Wosa hemma, my a re dos yntre yn chy ple my a re ganvoes den yowynk noweth, 22 blwydd oed, ha ev yu pur tek ha hir y goes, ha hwerw y has. Rwyf yn gobeithio y bydd yn ôl un fy nyth yn dydd cyn bo hir, ond os na fydd, roedd un noson yn fendith yn barod.

Sunday I was up early enough to get myself up to Broadalbin to join my colleagues, 13 of us in all, in hike up Hadley Mountain on the north short of the Sacandaga. Le jour était ravissant, un temps radieux, un peu frais, mais avec un soleil brillant. Moi, j'ai porté un pull, une chemise de chasseur, une écharpe, des bottes de randonée et un jean. Tout ça était sufissant pour monter. J'avais aussi ma casquette de randonée ce que j'ai achetée au Pays de Galles, comme ça la sueur de mon front pouvait s'évaporer sans que ma tête ait eu froid.

After the hike, it was back to one of my colleague's homes (Marlene) for beer, chile and bourbon. Now I'm finally at home enjoying some Bowmore and recording my thoughts of a full weekend. It was complete in all that a minor Hedonist like me needs. There was minor adoration, excellent company, excellent libation and food, and wonderful lust. I had a couple major and many minor sins, and as this days closes, thank God I'm a Unitarian, 'cause all this fun, and all this good company cannot be bad at all!!