dimecres, d’agost 24, 2005

Rainbow Tour 2005 Travel Log - Day 25 - Sunday 7.26.05

After my first day at the Eisteddfod, I decided to take a quieter day. I got up an slowly acclimated to the day with breakfast and tea. Mary had guests in the caravan, and we would all be having Sunday dinner together. The guests, Collin and Joan were from England and were staying with Mary in her caravan off and on over the summer while they were selling their house and looking for another. Olwen's son-in-law Richard had the day before butchered a lamb, and so we would be having farm fresh lamb for our main course. After lunch was done, Mary and Olwen went off to Sir Fôn, and I went off to the Eisteddfod for a couple hours.

I was also going on a mission.

Earlier in the day I had been in contact with my old friend Kelvin who now lives in the U.S., but comes home to Wales in the summer to see his family. He was really keen on going to the Bryn Fon concert on Monday night. I told him that I would go and buy tickets if any were left. Everyone was talking about the Bryn Fon concert, and I was a little worried thatit would be sold out. The concert was to be held in the main Pafiliwn which holds 3,500 people, but that's a fairly small number for the "Welsh father of Rock and Roll."

As luck would have it there were a few, just a few, tickets left. I bought two, one for each of us even though they weren't together. I wandered the Maes for a little bit investigating some of the stands I had seen yet, and then went to the Cyngor y Llyfrau and bought three books: Rebuilding the Celtic Languages; The Incredible Lightness of Being in Aberystwyth; Last Tango in Aberystwyth. If you're wondering why I didn't buy any in Welsh it's because I had recently bought a huge box of Welsh language books from ebay which will keep me in Welsh language reading material for some time to come. Nonetheless, a couple of Mihangel Morgan's titles did catch my eye, but I had to be reasonable. I had already bought a suitcase to carry home what I had bought so far.

After the Eisteddfod I wandered down to the Bengali place in Garn for some Cobra and chicken Pathia before returning to Tai'n Lôn for the night.